Hello...why does the auto climate control on my 1994 Corvette LT1 shutdown after five minutes of working ?

Asked by Mar 04, 2012 at 12:14 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

When I start my 1994 LT1 Corvette the Automatic Climate Control works fine.....regardless of option selected (a/c, heat, defrost, fan adjust, etc.) for the first five minutes... it operates correctly...then shuts down completely with no adjustment to any option until car is cut off and restarted (light stays lit above whatever selection was made but no function, adjustment, or airflow)....Thanks

405

Are you getting a "Check Engine" warning in the engine diagnostic control display area when you re-start the engine? Stop the engine, wait 15-30 seconds, put the switch in the "ON" position without starting the engine and let it cycle through the engine start diagnostics routine. You should get a check engine notice. If so have the code checked at your local parts store to determine probable cause. Strongly believe you have one of two problems a bad relay or a bad blower motor and either would need to be replaced

Hey Stingeray,,,thanks I did check for codes ( let engine run then shut off for 30 seconds, turned to 'on" position and no warnings....took to advance auto ( it is an OD2) and there were no codes ? hmmm....still ACC shuts downs after thirty seconds or so fo driving....

455

THIS EVEN SOUNDS OFF THE WALL TO ME, BUT IT MIGHT BE THE SYSTEM IS OUT OF FREON {FREE ON} THE AC COOLANT. AND GOOD LUCK.

Sounds if the wall, but my 1994 corvette is doing the exact same thing. Buttons work when I initially start car, and do not respond after a few minutes. It's not a bad blower because I can manually change blower speeds for those few minutes, but afterward all but after those few minutes all buttons fail to respond.