why is my tranny shift hard in my 04 poniac grand am

Asked by Nov 01, 2015 at 10:26 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

hard shifting in 123 gears and doesnt want to go into over drive

60,265

I would do a fluid and filter change and add Lucas transmission fix. No guarantees but the next step may be taking it to a transmission shop and a rebuilt transmission.

yeah its realy weird i put tranny fluid in it and now it acts like it sont want to go into over drive around 60 mph and when i put cruiz control on it acts realy funny like its bouncing gears its not suposed to be in. but the shifting hard in the first couple gears seems like it only happens if i run the car hard and when it gets warm. also if i come to a stop light and i press the gas to go fast the car like rumbles and shakes like the tires are sping its realy hard to exsplain whats going on with it

60,265

Did you put the correct type of fluid in it and did you over fill it? The correct type is very important.

yes the guy at autozone looked it up its dexron 4

i think i am going to change fluid and filter and put some lucus tranny fix in it see if that helps

I have a 99 grand am 2.4 engine n it wanna no y it change out hard