1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Driver power window not working....what is more common switch or elec. motor ?

Asked by May 01, 2013 at 04:00 PM about the 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3 Dr SE Passenger Van Extended

1997 Voyager driver power window was making a noise then would go down...or up.
Now the driver power window will not work at all.
What is the more common problem bad switch or elec. motor shot ?

thank you for your help ,  al

Since you said that it was making noise, I would think the regulator is bad. You can easily check the switch for power and operation with a meter before buying new parts.

agreed sounds like the window regulator. if you move the switch both ways and can hear some noise usually crunching the window regulator has come apart.

The sound was more of a short buzzing sound then the window would go down,. same thing going up a short buzzing the the window would go up. now it is not working at all...that is why i was wondering about the switch, because of the buzzing sound. thank you al for your help, al