Flexplate and torque 99 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs

Asked by Mar 20, 2015 at 03:39 PM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2 Dr GS Convertible

My car grinded the teeth on my torque
converter and starter(which I replaced) and
flexplate needs replacement where could I
find cheap replacements?

8,300

Call your transmission shops and ask who the suppliers are in your area. Call the suppliers and ask who they get theirs from. If you start to lose availability for torque converters on jap makes, you have to find them sitting on shelves. Parts companies and trans parts warehouses keep things and though their value may drop, it can come back up as trans repairs may come needed in the future. I have found things like that after 7 or 8 phone calls. After correct part and availability are established and I was sure I knew my part numbers, Then time to use hudspa and not end up a schmuck. Take their advice at the warehouse level, sign up for an account, or call your friends you do favors for. The searches available nowadays can produce even overseas sources, then you arrange the shipping you feel comfortable with. all this takes time so I hope you love that car.

8,300

I would point out that these failures can be caused by trying to save money. compare your OEM part quality to the malasian replacement at your cheap source. A copy of a good japanese part is not always the quality of a good japanese part. Oddly enough, it eats the teeth off the most difficult part to replace in the vehicle. Are you sure you want to save some more money?

8,300

When the starter first starts to have the issue, the technician is supposed to be consulted, the worn causal part replaced, the cleaning and adjustments are supposed to take place, and the starter lasts a new life. The correct replacement starter repair parts are available through your dealer parts counter. $14. Or, if you cannot get there, or get them shipped in time, you can make them from a piece of water pipe. You just need the tools, or a skilled journeyman technician. it's cheaper.

Okay thanks for the advice Dannyl

8,300

You did not pick a best answer yet, are you going to go test the waters first? Then return to pick what is currently the best help in the long run? I can certainly understand that.