Mercury Grand Marquis 2006

Asked by Oct 29, 2016 at 10:19 AM about the 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

i have a mercury grand marquis have problem of
airbag light i have seen how to read a code and the
code is 4 stop then 11 means 411 or 4 / 11 dont
understand how to repair it can any one help me

79,195

Best to have your local Ford Dealer try to fix it. Airbags can be deadly if not handled correctly! HTH. -Jim

means you don't know what is it really and i can't repair it by my self ??

79,195

I had a similar situation with a '94 Escort. The Ford Dealer diagnosed it as the clock spring. So I replaced it. Didn't fix the problem. I was involved in an accident with the car about a year later. It was a frontal collision and the airbag light happened to be off the night of the accident so the airbag system should have been active. The airbags never deployed. If you are not familiar with these systems trying to repair it yourself can be deadly! Live airbags can deploy without warning if you are trying to test a component of the system and not using the proper procedures and/or equipment. For your own safety let a pro handle this! At least they have the proper equipment and knowledge to diagnose the system. With the airbag light on or flashing the airbags will not deploy, even in a collision. But if someone starts fooling around with the system, who knows. HTH. -Jim

10

Listen to Jim's advice friend. The Haynes manual repeats 100 times to disconnect the battery when working on anything to do with the air bag system, although I wouldn't know how you are supposed to test it without electric power. There is a procedure spelled out using an Ohm meter, but I would keep hands off the airbag system. Disconnect the whole thing would be my advice.

10

Try looking at all the plugs underneath your seat, I had an airbag light after I put in my weather tech mats and when I started the car the next time, the airbag light came on and there was a wire unplugged under the drivers seat.

i try my best to do every signal thing but now i think i have to take it to any good car mechanic to solve it .

10

Once the negative battery cable is removed and all stored power drained from the capacitor, then disconnect every airbag. Now you can test each pins resistance or volts (depending which pin). Whichever pin doesn't read what it should can be dealt with independently. Then unhook negative again, drain capacitor, rehook up airbags. Done.