a/c compressor will not engage

Asked by Apr 19, 2012 at 08:43 PM about the 1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive

a/c compressor will not engage, freon is good, put a new cycle switch on and checked fuses "all good".
I can "jump" the cycle switch plug and the compressor will come on and the a/c works fine. I ran a test on the eac unit and it showed a 125 which is okay. Any suggestions?

7,555

check the pressures and make sure theere isnt any clogs in the condensor and that the cooling fan turns on

40

just found problem the low pressure switch showed no power but stuck a paper clip all the way in the pigtail and had power pigtail was corroded just left paper clip stuck all the way crossing the two and the ac works fine might need a pigtail later easy fix.

200

My car is 2003 Lincoln Town Car, I did change 2 switch (low and high pressure), fill Freon but the compressor still not engaging but if I connect directly power to the compressor it's working fine and cold. When I took off the relay and put it back when the engine running and AC on I heard relay click but the compressor is not engaging. Any body here have idea to help me out thanks

i wasd driving down road ac went blank and quit working i checked fuses ,smoke was coming out from under car but no overheating shown on gadge

10

Check the cluch on the front of the compressor it should turn by hand.

20

compressor on 1995 lincoln town car cut auto on just blow hot air compressor dont come on

20

I have a Lincoln town car 2003 a c compressor n want to put n a Lincoln town car 2000 can I?

20

What’s the answer

Yes. A 2000 and 2003 have the same compressor.

5

I HAVE A 2002 Lincoln town car compressor works, but the blower cuts on and off on its on any help would appreciated .