what can i do to stop squeeking front end bushings

Asked by May 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM about the 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive

The only sure way is to replace them,but they make a product called rub ease, it is a rubber lube that if applied repeatedly may work its way into the problem area but it is only temporary.

I'd bet money the noise you're hearing is (A) the outer tie rod ends, or (B) the ball joints. It's rare that you get control arm bushing noise from a Lincoln Town Car, rare but not impossible. If it's doing it while you're going over bumps, then it's probably the ball joints. If it's making the noise when you turn the steering wheel, then it's probably the tie rod ends. In 20 years of doing suspension work, I've seen these problems a lot with Ford products, and it's usually one of those two things.

The town cars before the McPherson struts change would eat up tie rod ends. You don't say how many miles are on the car but a 15 year old car probably needs a suspension rebuild.