After I jacked up my 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII, I released the jack, causing the car to hit the ground too fast. Now no air in system. How do I fix?

Gloria Coronas

Asked by Jun 25, 2016 at 03:04 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

Did you forget to turn off the air suspension switch in the trunk? If so turn off the switch now, then start the engine, now turn on the suspension switch and let the suspension level out. This may take some time so be patent. Hopefully there isn't any damage done when it was jacked up. Anytime a wheel is raised the suspension must be turned off or suspension damage can result.

Bob Beaman

Right on the mark, tennisshoes. When working on air suspension cars and raising them off of the ground the suspension master switch usually located in the trunk needs to be switched off.

if that doesn't work take it to the dealer the factory scan tool can inflate them again assuming there isn't any damage

Gloria Coronas

Thank you very much. Your answers were very helpful. Thanks again.