MY 96 LINCOLN MARK VIII AIR BAGS IN THE FRONT ARE TOO OVER INFLATED SINCE I HAD THE OIL PAN GASKET CHANGED. I THINK THE DEALERSHIP DID NOT TURN THE AIR RIDE SYSTEM SWITCH OFF LOCATED IN THE TRUNK. NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THE CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY IT HAS A PROBLEM AND TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO A FORD DEALER. I TOOK IT TO A FORD DEALER AND PAID THEM $122 TO LOOK AT IT AND THEY SAY NOW THEY NEED $244 MORE TO DIAGNOSE IT. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED?

605

Asked by Jan 31, 2013 at 05:16 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

MY MAIN QUESTION IS CAN I ADJUST THE AIR PRESSURE IN THE FRONT AIR BAGS OR IS IT RUINED FROM THE DEALERSHIP PUTTING MY CAR IN THE AIR WITHOUT TURNING THE AIR SUSPENSION OFF FIRST. THANKS

102,835

The air ride systems I am familiar with have a mechanical arm the senses the position of the suspension. It should deflate the front bags unless the arm was knocked out of adjustment.

Wow, I feel like I am being yelled at! Anyway, that car should never never have been raised with the compressor turned on, the height sensors go nuts they don't know what to do and they will over inflate the bladders. Make them fix it

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yep. tenspeed, true but that deflation causes the compressor to run, and run, and run...

605

THANK YOU MARK. I JUST WONDER WHAT HAPPENED. I KNOW THE OIL PAN IS A BIG JOB AND YOU HAVE TO MOVE A BUNCH OF BIG STUFF OUT OF THE WAY. I AM STUMPED ON WHAT TO DO. THE DEALER IS SAYING FOR ME TO JUST CHANGE OUT THE WHOLE SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT THAT BAD OF AN IDEA BUT IF IT'S A SIMPLE THING I WOULD LIKE TO JUST GET IT WORKING AGAIN. THANKS MARK

605

HEH HEH I SEE YOUR NAME ISN'T MARK IT SAYS MARK HELPFUL HEH HEH I AM SUCH A DORK THANKS TENSPEED AND DAVID.

102,835

That's my other name - "Mark Helpful" - click it when I answer your question.

Mark Tenspeed Helpful.....your Mom has good ideas, and your Dad, Mark Best Answer Helpful I see around sometimes