I have a 94 lincoln mark 8 and i cant figure out what is wrong with it

Asked by Oct 18, 2014 at 01:09 PM about the 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr STD Coupe

the car all f a sudden just stoped running right it would die every time i would brake and
come to a complete stop and it sound like it sucking huge amounts of air behind the
motor. it will start and idle but soon as i give it gas or put it in gear it boggs down till it
dies.

34,995

Check your air induction hose. I believe it will be on your left as you look at the engine. I have seen the black hose split that goes from the air filter to the throttle body. When this occurs, it will suck too much air and kill the engine. The car will usually idle, but when you hit the gas, it dies.