does anyone have experience with power window problems?

Asked by Nov 11, 2010 at 03:40 PM about the 1995 Lexus SC 300 Base

I am having a problems with both power windows.On the driver's side,the window doesn't come down at all.The passenger side comes down,but it hesitates and comes up very slowly.What can i do.....any suggestions?

3,065

i had problems with power windows not working so i took the door skins off,took out the motors and cleaned them,and put fresh grease on the slides that bring your glass up and down.rust was starting to buld up in the slides wich caused them to stop working.

35

it could be the window switch is bad which they call the master switch

15

start by cleaning the window tracks.if that doesnt cure you change the switch panel out on the drivers side. if that doesnt fix it then u will need 2 new window regulator motors, which i can tell u from experience on my 97 sc, are a major bitch to do. get some help on it if u dont take it to the pro's for the window regulator motor and have a friend and alldata handy.

10

Same thing happened to my lexus Sc300, I just went to junk shop and look for the motor, our car is old already sometime needs little cleaning, greasing and so forth...

This Patrick guy is terrible at helping u out. He must work at autozone tossing random parts at ppl telling them it's gonna work. Find out what is actually wrong. Broken piece, bad ground, regulator or motor needs replacing. Take it apart, it's not hard, Patrick doesn't know how to work on cars, clearly. It's a 45 min job for your first time. Take the door panel off. A bunch of 8mm bolts. Disconnect all the electrical from the door panel and the switch panel. 14mm wrench goes inside the hole where the plastic covers. The bolt is backwards so I remove them blind. There's two inside the door. The rest r on the outside which u can clearly see. Most of the time, the motors/regulators go bad bcuz the rubber strips on the outside of the door by the window get dry and when u pull the window down, the rubber drags on the window causing the motor/regulator to prematurely wear. Hope this actually helps u