Why is my radio not working on my first start in the morning, it take awhile to make the engine warm or couple of hours befor e the radio work....

Asked by Oct 26, 2015 at 01:59 AM about the 1994 Lexus SC 300 RWD

something is not right you know that...start with the basics...12 volts to it when ..you first start????? even try and bang on it,,easy..to see if that does anthing at first start / try....

Mark appreciated your answer but what do you mean by 12 volt, the battery I know it's 12 volt. I just change the stereo/radio with the same branch, at first it work for the passed 2 week, the radio working good then back to normal same story after 2 week not working again unless otherwise the engine is warm. Can you give me some tip on how, not like bang on it. what do you mean bang on it? Thank you Mark.

Solid state devices are sensitive to temperature ... in fact if they get too hot ,,, they will turn themselves on (Thermal-runaway) ... too cold can also effect characteristics on aging components. Did this problem begin with the cooler weather? If so there is not much you can do about it short of replacing it ~~~http://sound.stackexchange.com/questions/22842/how-do-below-freezing-temperatures-affect-audio-equipment

Thanks you so much, Mark...