lexus remote issue

5

Asked by Aug 10, 2007 at 06:00 PM about the 1998 Lexus GS 400 Base

This is Tasha again, thanks for the answer about the remote, I took the car and the remote to the dealer and was told that there must be something wrong with one remote because when they program the remote both are set the same way, he stated there is not an option to set one remote to beep and the other one not to (sounds kinda wierd to me).I even changed the batttery to see of that will solve the problem but it didn't. I just don't see why they are saying they both have to be programmed the same unless that is something that Lexus does.

43,495

The reason they both have to be programmed the same is that the BCM is not set up to recognize individual remotes. It sounds as though perhaps part of the circuit board inside one of the remotes has broken. Typically all remotes are programmed the same so that the BCM recognizes them. The BCM is set up either to beep or not to beep, but there are no separate settings for individual remotes.

4,625

u have to get the circuit board redesigned.