Batter or alternator??

50

Asked by Apr 24, 2017 at 10:22 PM about the 2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD

Suddenly and unexpectedly  just yesterday my
battery light lit up on my dash and today my car
wouldn't start. So I jumped it and my power
steering is not working at all plus my clock and my
navigation/radio is not getting any power at all and
all my warning lights on my dash are lit up. Does
anyone know what the problem could be??

270

Your elternator is bad you need to replace new one

270

That's correct if your serpentine belt is broken ...the elternator and power steering is not working..so check the belt first .

Best Answer Mark helpful
50

I am not sure if I have the belt on the engine that drives the alternator. My car is a 2006 Lexus GS300 with 220,000miles. I have never changed the serpentine belt. I guess I will change the it and see if that resolves the problem (fingers crossed). The belt is due for a change anyhow, after all those miles. If it isn't the belt then what do you recommend I should do next?

45

Did You change the ECU? If you did and didn’t reprogram (See the new ECU or Computer Same Thing) are VIN Vehicle Identification Number Specific to the Computer,So when you put in a Computer from a Different Car the VIN Doesn’t Match So the Anti-Theft Kicks in and That acts Like the Battery is Dead ,Won’t Start,That is one of the main reprogram things the Dealer does for $2000,Copy Your VIN from the Windshield to the New Computer with a keyboard WOW.You Can have anyone who can use a couple Wrenches and Read Change this and Reset it,go to Justanswer.com you donate whatever you feel it’s worth,tell them you want to replace and reprogram the ECU on your 06 Lexus GS and they will walk you or Whoever will Change it through it a heck of a lot cheaper then the Dealer,Never go to the Dealer unless you have a Free Recall or are under Warranty!

My battery on my 2006 Lexus GS 300 went dead. So, my father recharged it. I went around the block and it ran like normal. However, when I turned it off. The battery went dead again. So, my father recharged it again and I rode it around the block again. It had good speed and ran like it should. However, again , ithe battery died when we tried to crank it. This time, he put water in the battery and charged it. My car cranked but it would not go no faster than 10 - 20 miles per hour this time around. Then, I managed to get it to the dealership. They want to charge me $1212.00 to repair the ECTs throttle control, intake manifold gaskets are leaking now. Replace the bittle vacuum lines, spark plugs, engine air filter, irepair or replace the intake hoses that are dry rotted and cracked and repair the VVTI oil hose. Do you know if the price for this is a good price or am I being over charged for this work? Is all of this necessary to get my car back operational?

270

OK ..did you see any check engine light on your dash..if it does then go to autozone to check that for free ...because the dealership want replace all this part maybe it's not necessary ..and maybe not solve the problem. .so my advice scan the vehicle and tell me what you get...thank you...