My 2004 Cherokee Overland air conditioner/heater fan doesn't come on but fan motor is ok. Replaced the Blower motor control module resistor and the controller on the dash and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

10

Asked by Nov 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM about the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

At first the air would go on and off at any time and then quit altogether. The wires on the
resistor were melted so we know that was bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

19,030

If the plug was melted did you replace the plug and wires? Did you check the fuse? When the plug melted it very well shorted and blew the fuse.

10

Yes, replaced wires and fuse. Thanks for the reply.

19,030

I would say its probably the climate control module itself then.

10

Replaced the climate control modular - couldn't think of the name when I posted the question.

19,030

If everything is new and you're positive the blower motor is working properly then its a wiring issue. Bad ground, corroded, melted, shorting out wires somewhere between the blower motor, climate module, fusebox and the BCM. It could even be the BCM.

19,030

Glad it was something simple. That kind of stuff happens to everybody from time to time. Glad you someplace that needs a/c its 27 with a wind chill of 16 here in northern Illinois:(

10

Thanks everybody! My husband started digging around again this morning and found out they didn't plug the fan motor back in. Guess, even 2 long time mechanics can forget something. It did need the blower motor control module resistor and the fuse - kept the climate control module since it had a couple of holes and looked bad, (I didn't ask if it really was bad-just grateful to have a/c again). Thanks.

10

We used to live in Indiana, about an hour from Chicago. Couldn't take it anymore. Retired in Hawaii. Sorry for your early bad weather.

19,030

We are about an hour west of Chicago. I'm too young to retire. I can't take much more of this. AAaaahhhh enjoy your warmth and the need for A/C in November! LOL Glad I could help.