passanger windows and locks

285

Asked by Aug 22, 2013 at 06:52 PM about the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

i have replaced bcm and fuze box master door switch .ohm all wires in driver door all good.windows will not work from driver door or locks but the passanger will unlock everything but the driver. door windows will not work on door switches HELP

67,295

Check the wiring going from the main body to the door. Remove the rubber boot from the driver's door jam and inspect the wires carefully. Over time these wires in that area are prone to wear and break from the normal opening and closing of the door. HTH. -Jim

285

I have already done this could it be the passenger door boot and wires

67,295

So the windows are completely dead and the lock on the driver's door only won't work? Just making sure I understand. Check for a bad relay for the windows. Check to make sure there's power at the driver's lock actuator. HTH. -Jim

285

no the windows will work on driver door side and the lock will work on driver door and door locks will work on passanger door but windows will not i have changed everything bcm door switch fuze box have not done anything on passanger door

67,295

I see. Then yes, check the wiring going to the passengers door. Might be a break there. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
285

well after all the time and money it was the passanger side door switch it was shorting out the windows i hooked the driver side door switch to that side the windows would roll up and down next time i will start from the bottom and work my way up lol

67,295

Glad you got it fixed! Thanks for letting us know and for the best answer click too. -Jim

640

I have a similar problem

640

none of my windows work from any of the switches and the drivers side door does not lock or unlock unless i do it manually. The electric locks work from the passenger side but not the drivers side. nothing on the whole driversside panel works. what is the most likely situation and can I fix it myself? thanks!

80

adam what was wrong with it i have the very same problem

40

Adam or bowtie what was wrong? I now have the same problem? Please help, or send answer to willmacky916@gmail.com Thanks in advance!

30

Adam Bowtie and WillMacky....Im having the EXACT same problem as well.... HELP!!!!!

10

I'm having the same issue as Adam and others described. Just started.

50

Why is there NOT a recall by jeep for this problem? My windows are stuck half way and door locks won't work same problem for many Grand Cherokee owners. I don't have the Big Bucks to have it fixed.How about a RECALL for this problem JEEP!

120

All my locks and windows worked great, until I had the regulator/window controller replaced in my drivers side back window. Now the doors can only be locked with the remote (except the drivers door) and the windows do not work. The main control on the drivers door was checked and replaced and all fuses where checked, still no change. Any ideas?

360

I have a similar problem. everything windows locks works on the drivers side nothing works on the passenger side. dome light is stuck on. and no power to Windows locks or mirror on the passenger side. do you have any ideas?

40

please did anybody find out what the problem was the same thing is happening to my 2009 caravan

310

On my Grand Cherokee Jeep my interior lights stay on too. I had to turn them off by turning off the dash lights. None of the windows will go down. And none of the door locks work. The driver's door lock will only lock or unlock with a key. the other doors will lock and unlock with a key. I'm so stressed over this----this all happened at one time.

60

I was experienceing all the same problems...only all my instruments on my Dashboard went dead...ex: gas guage, rpm, mph....Also every lighht on the dash board came on...ABS,checkengine, e-brake. Also my blower would work to my AC, but it would not blow cold air. I simply undid the battery terminal for a day and it helped almost everything. I need to clean the terminal also which also may help. Now my windows work randomly, it may be because the battery took a major drain, but everything else works great. I know there is still a problem somewhere....but I just need it to hold long enough to trade

190

My 2000 cherokee laredo also developed some of the same problems. Driver side door would only lock/unlock manually, and now its all doors. All four windows stopped working. Dome light, and dash lights stopped working. If I turn the switch all the way, for the dome lights, the dash will light up. Never had these issues, until a week ago. Drove to work one day fine, go to start it up, and it beeped for 10 minutes, and nothing worked since. Killed the battery, took that out to charge, and havnt had time to look at it since. Ideas?

90

I had the same problem only it always said my driver door was open i undid the battery it didn't really help i went to the store for my wife.Iwas out of my mind i wanted to run it into a brick wall.half hour went by i left the store.you wont believe me but i said on the way to the jeep.i can't take no more i give up god you can have it .i got the jeep everything worked fine iam still freaked out

180

Help im having the same problem!! 2 weeks ago all my doors stopped unlocking and my windows wont roll down also my lights all stay on in the truck now. Im expecting my first child dont know what to do or where to start!! 02 grand cherokee please can anyone help?! Email me clemanski1979@gmail.com the shops in Detroit are telling me thousands to fix it but dont know what it is!

200

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The doors lock and windows roll up and down just fine from the driver's side until I open the door, then nothing works. I'm trying to figure out what is making it short out when opening the driver's side door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

60

Can we all just gang up and have jeep Chrysler who ever recal this is unexceptable I've had excessive amount of problems w this jeep gran Cherokee 2003 and I and done with it my jeep also is doing the same!

120

I am having the same problem....the power windows wouldnt work, lights wouldnt cut off inside, dash lights didnt work ect. Ect.....I took my 99 grand Cherokee to have it fixed and the shop had to fix wiring harness...... a month now after the fix windows wont work again and power door locks dont work on driver side but power door locks does work on passenger side but it doesnt lock or unlock driver side it must be done manually....WTH...... Chrysler and jeep really needs to have this as a recall and fix it since this seems to happen to everyone that has ever own a jeep.

120

Ps: any suggestions please let me know at jaime081471@gmail.com thanks

90

Last time I had this issue on a customers vehicle...... It was the ignition switch that was bad. Apparently dodge/Chrysler runs a 30 amp hot feed thru the switch for the blower motor , windows, cluster etc.... And they are all on the same line... Hints the reason why so much stops working. The switch after market should be like 24 or so dollars. But will restore all the components. The switch get the ign switch hot and it burns out. Best of luck!

200

Thar explains why my fan just quits blowing randomly. Thanks gopher0749

60

I am very frustrated as well. My 2008 Grand Cherokee has been a nightmare! In 2012 replaced the starter. Then in 2014 had to replace the key fobs after Performance Chrysler said it was an ignition problem. All during 2015, electrical issues again and they want another $800 plus repair. This is crazy - lights work-don't work, can't control dash lights, etc. . Now, dealing with 1997 Grand Cherokee driver's door will only unlock with key, but inside will manually lock. Three Windows partially open, will not operate manually. Passenger front - will go up and down manually and, three doors (minus driver's door) will lock manually or with key fob. Went in store working fine, came out - not working. Electrically system sucks in apparently, all years!

120

APPARENTLY the doors jam is the most common place for the wires to break and you just pull the rubber boot back and check there first! It's the easiest/quickest place to begin.

120

https://youtu.be/ZDpGOINdA6A

90

Hi my name is Porter, some of your problems will be fixed by going out to your vehicle unhook the battery, touch both cable ends (the poss. And the negative together) leave unhook for 10 to 15 minutes hook battery back up and watch your problem go away, I tried everything and someone told me to do that and my 2002 jeep has been working ever since. Please try it and let me know if it helped.

30

I have a 99 grand Cherokee,just had the same problem,no windows,locks and inside lights wouldn't go off.There was a broken black wire.Spliced a new wire in everything was fine after that

30

The wire was in the driver door rubber boot

40

I have a 2004 Jeep Cherokee that the windows wouldn't lock or any windows roll down and interior light stayed on.... I found a broken wire in the rubber boot of driver door. I spliced it and taped it with electrical tape and it fixed the problem. Hope this helps!!

Does anyone know the COLOR of the power wire to the window control panel?? 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Thanks

I am having the same problem with m1999 Cherokee Sport. The driver can open and close the passenger and back windows, but not the driver window. Power locks "click" but do not work.

10

power or "hot wire" to the driver's master switch is brown with a blue stripe according to a tube video

10

we couldn't operate the passenger side widow or door locks change right side door switch and worked great ty. for help

10

ps.even from the drivers side also the hatch lock works