jeep dying randomly and running badly

Brandon Ellis

Asked by Jul 16, 2015 at 12:46 AM about the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

My jeep grand cherokee limited was dying randomly while driving it or at idle mostly at
operating temperature, it ran fine at cold start. Now it barely runs at all it is running
horribly and when i try to give it any gas it just sputters and tries to die but doesn't. I am
getting no codes at all and I have already replaced the pressure regulator and fuel filter.
also my jeep has the 4.7 power tech.

Get your parts inspected, use OEM replacement parts, update your sensors, consult bulletins and factory test procedures, Guess fixing and trying to go on the cheap will make this frustrating and be the most expensive vehicle you ever give away. with its age, every part has the capability to cause issues. You must run the tests on each part to find it. Your public library may have access for you to factory bulletins and service manual corrections and updates, You could need something simple like a cam sensor, just a tune up, or Ckp sensor or have defective parts in use, if it still fails the fuel tests it must have failed for you to pull the gas tank as you must have in my estimation, you need to find that out by testing at its relay for why you are experiencing what and why you went for replacing a fuel regulator. It can be cheaper for you to request testing only from your jeep dealer and stay in contact step by step to understand what is happenning and why each test is run. A vehicle with a damaged harness or a sensor that sends erroneous data is not always able to set a code. a shorted harness or one with intermittent issues can be very simple . Before I went to a real technician for jeep, I would check to see if the system powers and grounds were connected properly and run their tests. If any previous work was done retrace your steps, bring your ideas together if you choose this area of study. Trust the manufacturers part to be the best. I wont say it's your brain, but they might.