electrical problem

Asked by Sep 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM about the 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

My jeep while driving if I hit a sharp bump the "low" gas" gage light will come on and my tachometer will die and the trainy goes into neutral I have to back off on the gas so the trainsmition can find were it is gear wise. Note the engine doesn't stall the check engine light will flash briefly when I hit a sharp bump at the same time that the gas gage dies and the tach dies but the "Low Gas Light" stays on, if I shut the jeep off wait minute and restart the "Low Gas Light " shuts off.

I had a something very close to your problem, What I finally found out was the battery cables , which are one piece types, they bounce around somewhat and my cables were broken, just enough to cause this problem. The break will be at the end of the cable close to the terminal. To fix you will have to saw the terminal off the cable, then replace the terminal with aftermarket type (cheapest way) . This fixed mine, although unless looking for specifically you would not notice it Good Luck

I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee when you turn the ingition switch on the window come down an when u start it up the windows wont come down all the tachs fall an the key light flash