90 ford probe dies when making a right hand turn when the fuel is to half a tank, runs fine when I do a fill-up. Always restarts after the right hand turn is made. No problems on left hand turns. Any answers appreciated

Asked by Oct 11, 2012 at 06:29 PM about the 1990 Ford Probe GT Turbo

Apparently the fuel pick-up line is on the right-hand side, and when you turn the gas moves to the left side of the tank. That leads me to believe there may be some foreign material in the tank, on the 'right' side, preventing the pick-up from sucking up fuel. Fix??? I am not a believer in fix-it-in-a-can crap. It may get expensive. if I were in your position I would simply top off the tank at 1/2 tank and let it be.

8,895

best positive fix, remove the tank, drain it completely, flush it and reinstall it. if not, syphon the tank and remove the contaminants, (water), and fill it using a can of sea foam...

John's answer is better than mine. I realize it's not practical to have to fill up every 1/2 tank, and that is not a fix, it's more like a avoidance of the problem