My GMC Envoy XL Truck won't start. All the lights come on as normal when starting but the truck won't start. I checked the battery and it has the cranking amps and fully charged. It make no sound

Asked by Jun 03, 2015 at 10:20 AM about the 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD

90,635

Could be the starter, set the park brake, grab a small hammer, slide under the rig and while someone turns the key to crank lightly tap on the starter itself, if it starts to run then you need a new starter. If it doesn't then get a test light and check for power on the small wire that is attached to the starter solenoid when someone turns the key to crank, if the light turns on then you still need a starter, if not then you have problems with either the gear selector switch, or the wiring. You can also try to see if it starts while in nuetral, if it starts in nuetral then the gear switch is going bad.

35

It sounds like your fuel pump is dead. if it is cranking and not starting then your fuel pump is fried.