Problem trying to program key fob to car not responding tried the 8 times thing to program it my door locks don't even cycle the remote is good had it checked can u give me some insight on it or my car not equipped for it

Asked by May 08, 2013 at 11:14 PM about the 2005 Ford Taurus SE

Does my car amp be stopping it from
programming.

555

Is this a new amp? If not, did it work before? FYI... I use a local locksmith to sync my fobs. Way less than the dealership.

29,845

We do it for free it takes less than a mintue to do it. here is the procudure to make sure your doing it correctly. Remote Transmitter Programming NOTE: All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time. NOTE: Programming (or reprogramming) of the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps: The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the RKE transmitter, RKE keypad (if equipped) or door lock control switch while the driver door is open. Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it locks and then unlocks all doors. Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter, and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each RKE transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification in this section. (Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.) Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:The key transitions to the OFF position. 20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed. The maximum number of RKE transmitters have been programmed.

40

KBRO got it right!!! Thanks!!! The car is a 2008 Ford Taurus Sel. I bought the car used for my son, It came with only one key, and that started the car and nothing else. I went to the dealership told them I needed the keypad code, and two keys made. I asked for the integrated key so he could have the doors unlock etc. They told me the keys worked, but it wouldn't do anything else. They said the module was bad. I was unhappy, but I paid them. I found your article here, and with the exception of the door being open your directions were perfect.

30

Does the key have to be the original key with the Black rubber around it?

10

Ok I have a 2013 an my keyson have been wrkn fine until know what do I do? Where can I get themy reprogram at?