On the 02 Ford Taurus with a broken bottom radiator hose is there a sensor or something that would keep the car for not startingThe hose broke and since it broke it won't start

20

Asked by Aug 24, 2015 at 05:11 PM about the 2002 Ford Taurus SE

I don't want to spend the money on
the bottom radiator hose until it
starts for five seconds then I will go
get a bottom radiator hose but for
some reason since I broke it won't
start couldn't have done something
to the timing chain

8,520

Perhaps ... How long did you drive it when it first broke ... odds are if it ran at all then the timing chains OK... but if it overheated then it could be the results of that

20

It's stalled on her she started it back up drove it about a mile and quit on her again and wouldn't start

44,425

It should start without coolant. Don't run it very long, but it should start and run normally.

20

Well I don't have to worry about that because it won't start if it would start I will go get a hose and put it on it but it won't start

44,425

Okay, so the lower radiator hose broke and then it wouldn't start? Did it get overheated or did you shut it down before that? Does the engine oil dipstick have milky residue on it? Does the oil filler cap have milky residue on the inside? Did you have any check engine lights on before or after the radiator hose burst? Did it make any unusual sounds?

20

I did get overheated and it was about 87 outside there is no milky substance on the oil stick or the filler cap nothing in the oil like water The engine light didn't come on like the day before checked everything was nothing wrong she said it did make a ticking noise but I don't know what that would be

"She" said? You don't know exactly how long it wad driven hot? uh oh...

I am nott suggesting to you that your wife-g/f is lying to you, but it could have stalled in the first place from overheating, lights or no lights, then started and driven another mile.. she may have not known it was hot

44,425

It is really hard to say sitting behind this screen as to what to look for. I wish you the best of luck with it.

8,520

Original question regarding timing chain .. The fact that it re-started after the hose broke eliminates a timing chain problem or even other sensors being at fault If it were my wife ... I would go to where she hit something ,, then to where the car quit. It would probably answer the "Over-heating" question.

8,520

If your car is a 6 cylinder then they withstand over-heating better than the 4's Perhaps you will be lucky and find a melted ignition module. I would go with the basics first ... spark---Gas ~~~~~ I think that I hear "Geez Honey, it didn't seem like I drove it that far". Those of us who are married with driving age kids are not strangers to this happening. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Perhaps you will be lucky and find a melted ignition module ~ Good Luck

Tom my kids drove better at 16 than my wife does now. I hate her driving my car. Community Property? ehhh...well maybe in the law but that Corolla is my baby, like on that commercial

44,425

When I had my Corvette, I never once let my wife drive it. She is a good driver, but she never asked. I could just imagine the radiator support ripped out of it. Lowered C6 Corvette sits pretty low to the ground and a slight dip in the road will cause damage.