engine compression issue

Asked by Dec 22, 2011 at 06:12 PM about the 2000 Ford Contour SVT 4 Dr STD Sedan

I had my currently lifeless 2000 Ford Contour SVT thoroughly diagnosed to rule out spark, air, and communication with the brain (all of which are fine); the starter manually cranks over and has communication with the computer but there is no compression in the the engine.  I've been told that this is why my car doesn't start, and that the lower rotation unit and the timing chain need to be looked at/ replaced.

Interestingly enough, the car never made any knocking noises, did not smoke, or give any indication that there was engine problems.  All that happens when I try to start it is simply nothing.  It used to crank and try to ignite, then simply crank, then there was a clicking sound, then there was nothing.  And that's where I'm at.  Any ideas?     

hate to put it this way,the contour was a failure for ford,if it has no compression,the motor is shot,timeing ,or belt and gears is not your problem.worked on to many of theses cars with same problem.all was internal motor problems.sorry.

20

battery??