dynamo starts to give issues

Asked by Mar 07, 2013 at 02:19 AM about the 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible

if the dynamo starts to give issues and the baterry sign comes for less then a min and go
away. how long is it till the dynamo dies or what the worse it might happen? i have a 2006
mustang GT and i think that i have an issue with the dynamo while the garage says that
everything is fine but i have seen the light come and go within 30 seconds twice. thank you

90,125

It could be a belt slipping. It could be something in the voltage regulation circuitry. It could be a broken wire or bad connection. No telling how long your alternator is going to last. Check out your wiring and belt and start saving for a replacement when needed.

Best Answer

i have checked everything i think that by buying an AC Delco battery instead of an original Motorcraft battery might be the reason, does having another battrey even with the same volt a reason that the car dont charge as it should?

90,125

The label on the battery does nothing. There are three or four battery manufacturers and they label them to suit the business that sell them. Some are better than others and you can tell by the length of the warranty. - - As long as the voltage matches and the cold cranking amps are sufficient, any battery will work fine.

355

Get a new battery and a new alternator

i have taken the car to the garage i hope they find what is causing this thing as since yesterday this thing kept coming and staying longer (check charging system + batt sign) i think that its reaching its end, upon first inspection by the garage they said that the wiring looks fine and the batt ok i hope i dont pay too much ;)

after i have replaced the alternator and the cable and the battery. a year and one month passed and now i have the same thing again :(