Signals Flash Too Fast - Yet All Lights Working
2001 Chevy Express 2500 cargo van
I'm losing sleep on this one, done a myriad of things to solve this life challenge.
- signal lights on, the 1157's flash (on a guess), double speed / headlights on, triple speed
- (only with headlights on), with left sig on, right FRONT 1157 marker filament does what I call the brite-dim dance
What I've done to date:
- inspected all 1157 sockets
amazed there is noo corrosion of any kind- amazed at how pristine shiny new the look
- replaced all 1157 bulbs (just for fun)
- put 4 new ground jumpers at each 1157 pig tail (just for fun)
- found corrosion in rear trailer plug - chopped it off - still no change
- inspect harness all the way to the rear
pleasantly surprised to discover there in no outside harness - it's all inside
up at the ceiling, drivers side, away from moisture and getting stepped on etc
- changed signal light switch (just for fun)
- all fuses are working
There's no rearward problems showing themselves (other than the fast flash).
I'm stymied ladies and gentlemen.
My logic tells me that "the less load-the faster the flash".
Yet, alllll bulbs are working, (no, there not LED, they're good old fashioned 1157's)
All and any ideas, thoughts and solid solutions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
I didn't see where you changed the flasher for the blinkers under the dash, that may help.
Darn, I forgot to add that to my list Rowe Fast. Yes, I've been on this for over a week. Flasher was changed out on day one. But thank you for your wise observation, query. :)
Ok, the best I came up with from my sources, would be to try a heavy duty flasher. Seems when you add more lights the faster they flash, so they make a heavy duty flasher which would slow them down. Worth a try...
Looking for a Used Express Cargo in your area?
CarGurus has 12,594 nationwide Express Cargo listings starting at $2,000.
Search Chevrolet Express Cargo Questions
Chevrolet Express Cargo Experts