My car just won't start.

Asked by Feb 21, 2007 at 01:07 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z

I have changed out everything that I can think of to get my car running. I took the distributor out and put a re-man in, changed the coil, and I had brand new spark plug wires on the distributor cap, but when the car was cranked, it was not giving the plugs enough spark. Changed all of the spark plugs for the second time too, and put the old spark plug wires that came stock with the car back on. The plugs are getting more spark now, it is blue rather than orange, but my car still won't start, it has gas pumping all the way to the engine, and my fuel pump is working to get the gas all the way up to the front, and I have checked the fuel filter to see if there is a clog somwhere, but it is running through no problem. What is keeping my car from starting.

145

Hey you need to check egnition or the alternator. if that ant the problem then i dont know. O and make sure you have enough gas too. like if ur parked on a hill

20,760

Hey I_Rock1 ... I feel the heat of your frustration. You seem to have eliminated the basics of fuel and spark ... now all you need to confirm is compression and problems there can crop up in a couple of places. While I was read your note my brain screamed "timing". You need to check your ignition timing and then the condition/integrity of your timing belt. If that yields no results you may be looking at a head problem. In either event you need to get someone who knows their craft peering into the engine, you need to get a pro on the case. Good luck!

Hold the break down turn the wheel and try to start if it's a stick also try using the clutch make sure to push all the way down