Which engine oil and transmission fluid is best recommended for infiniti FX45 2006?

Asked by Jan 25, 2013 at 08:20 AM

Nissan Matic Type J is what most of the places I went to recommend, some of them say using anything else at all will cause damage to your transmission. Others claim to have used Mercon III or Dexron, but the NissanMaticJ is $15 a quart and only available at the dealer. If you read your owners manual, OF COURSE they will say only buy tranny fluid from your dealer. As far as motor oil, a fully synthetic like Mobil1 is the best..and at this time of year I would use sae 10/30. Matter of fact all year. Unless you live somewhere it gets REAL hot in the summer, go to 20/40 during the summer