How much tire pressure should my spare tire have in it when on my car in my 2009 Jetta

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 07:43 AM

292,385

The pressure should be labeled on the side of the tire, it's usually higher on a small donut tire than a regular tire. I keep mine just below max pressure. But if you didn't know, the spare should ONLY be used to get you to the nearest tire shop for repair or replacement at a max speed of 40-45mph.? All too often I see drivers using them for months and driving down the highway at speed of excess of 60mph. Not a safe idea.

65,255

As Tom suggested, the pressure is on the sidewall of the spare tire. The small donut tire for my Mercury takes 60 psi, but your's might be different.