my 1993 subaru legacy will not start does the code reading plug supposed to flash

Sally Brooks

Asked by Mar 11, 2016 at 08:21 PM

we have a 1993 subaru legacy we have had it sitting for 3 years we want it
running for my son who is going to college.  We put a new starter alternator,
battery and changed the oil it would not start my husband got it to run but
now it runs just for a short time and dies.;  The light that is under the dash
where they plug in to read the codes is flashing should this be and what is
causing it. Need your help thank you

Yes if you see it flashing there is and issue,you will have to get codes to know the issue,but if it crunk and then shuts off,it may just be a fuel issue,car has been setting for 3 years,could be a simple fuel filter change,or fuel pump,but if you havent drained the gas tank,i think this may be the issue,take the fuel filter off,check for fuel with key on,if it gets gas,make sure it isnt bad gas,then change filter and proceed,if no gas ,may need a fuel pump.

Best Answer