engine replacement

Asked by Jul 29, 2010 at 08:16 PM

We have a car with a bad engine, it was driven to hot and spun a rod bearing. We called to buy a used engine and they are telling me I have to buy 1999 only. Does anyone know what the differences are in the newer motors? I am willing to change some parts if that is all that is needed to use a newer motor.

15

its a engine swap....aslong as you have the $ and space u can put any motor into any car.

105

yeh...you have to get a 2.5L from another 1999 or from a 1998, they were known as a phase 1 motor...they were single cam instead of a duel cam motor. they changed to the duel cam motor in 2000. what model is it? and if you are willing to sacrifice the extra power you can put a 2.2L from an earlier year into it, just check your exhaust, you just use the intake off of ur current motor, everything should bolt right up.