1977 Trans Am 6.6 400 when I put my car in drive it doesn't act like it goes into gear but if Idrop it into 1st or 2nd it runs just fine can you help me diagnose this issue

Asked by Feb 09, 2015 at 03:54 AM

660

nice car well your problem is simple do a conpression check on each cylinder if you are getting over 135 thats good then you know that the problem is in the tranny

31,425

Sounds like a shift linkage issue. This has NOTHING to do with compression testing!

16,600

I'm with Bob on this one. Have you checked the transmission fluid level? On a side note, Please tell me you got rid of the cat converter and opened up the hood shaker by drilling out the rivits?

Im not sure what you mean by drilling out the rivets on the hood shaker and the cat is fine on the exaust ??

16,600

Adley I said that on a side note. What i ment by getting rid of the cat converter(and putting full dual exhaust on) and opening up the hood shaker is thatit will increase horsepower, a lot.