Electric window gremlin

Asked by Jul 21, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I noticed my power windows were acting up last year, first the passenger side stop working then the driver side would only work intermittently.
This year, I replaced the circut breaker on the fuse panel, purchased new window motors and plugged them in but they didn't move, my mechanic was able to bypass the switch and get the driver side to work, then, had my local mechanic felt it was the switch.  Bought a new switch, still didn't fix the problem, opened up the sealed plate that the switch plugs into and all the wires looked to be connected well...still my window motors don't work.  My mechanic bought a shop manuel with the wiring diagram.  The diagram showed two additional switchs besides the one on the console.  

Does anyone know where these two additional switches are located?

1,515

check the power and grounds. to the motor. then if all is ok then i would test the wires between the switch to the motor. You shure there are two additional switches? because sometimes wiring diagrams show additional ones for different opetion/ models.