which company owns mini cooper

Moulik Ghelani
0

Asked by Jan 04, 2010 at 04:41 AM

Ryan Jarrad
35

When production of the classic Mini ceased in 2000, BMW (the new owner of the brand) announced the successor to the Mini—which is variously called the "BMW MINI" or the "New MINI". The brand name for the new car is MINI (written in capital letters).

Theresa Martin
25

yup, ryan pretty well spells it out. lol not much else that can be said. but in lame-man's terms, it's like how ford escentially owns lincoln, mazda, mercury, etc. BMW owns the 'new' name sake of MINI.

vikaskumar11233
40

See I would like to share one interesting thing here that the first Mini car was introduced in the year of 1959 in a 2 door version and later on this emerged into many other models, which included crossovers and convertibles. Then in the year of 1994, BMW originally took over parent company of Mini and finally from 2000 Mini is fully owned by BMW. The fresh range of Mini cars comprise of Cooper, Countryman, Hatch, Convertible and Clubman models.