if i buy a car in new york city, what type of sales tax do i pay if i live in delaware

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 07:30 PM

Question type: Shopping & Pricing

2 Answers


you will have to pay the sales tax for the state you live in.

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

If you buy from a dealer in New York State, they'll issue you an In-Transit Permit that will give you 30 days to get the car home. The permit is $10.00, and they may or may not charge you a documentation fee of $75.00, but there should be no other charges. I'm not sure if you can get an in-transit permit if you're buying from an individual; the New York State DMV website is full of information that could answer this question for you.

Your Answer

Add photo
Get More Money for Your Car
Be seen by 20 million shoppers. Create Your Free Listing

Search Mercedes-Benz Questions

Mercedes-Benz Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 6,310
#2 bobkat
Reputation 5,640
#3 dandyoun
Reputation 4,760
View All