GreaseCar

Asked by Jul 06, 2008 at 07:57 AM

Anybody have an reports, success or challenges whith running grease or biodiesel in later model cars? I am looking specifically for reports back on 04-07 MB CDI.

Thanks in advance

40,335

Suggest trying some MB forums. I have not heard anyone trying this in the newer cars specif. MB CDI-engines but I wouldn't see why it would be an issue...

I have not run biodiesel in that engine. I have a 1998 VW Jetta TDI and am currently running it on B5. That is 5percent biodiesel. I have run up to about 20 percent at times. VW reccomends only B5 or lower. There are a few things to know about biodiesel. 1. It is a detergent, so if you have a steel gas tank, get some filters. All the sediment in your tank, from it rusting and what you pick up at the pump will go to your filter. 2. Biodiesel is a lubricant in place of sulfer. The newer fuels have a lower sulfer content because of pollution controls. Biodiesel helps the pumps lubricate. 3 If you are going to make your own fuel, stay away from Crisco. You will notice it when making it. That stuff will clog your fuel systems and you will have all kinds of trouble. Also biodiesel is usually more expensive. Check with your car manufacturer and see what they reccomend. probably no more than B5 I would guess.

335

no making your own biodiesel does not cost more than regular(otherwise why would anybody do it?) better check your info on that