Catastrophic oil loss

Asked by Dec 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM

A national brand oil change shop did not tighten the oil pan plug and the engine oil ran dry while my daughter was
driving her Mazda. She stopped immediately when the oil light came on. The shop towed her car at their expense,
diagnosed the engine, flushed and refilled the oil, test dove the vehicle and pronounced it sound. After driving 20
miles my daughter again stopped the car and had it towed when both the check engine light and oil light came on.
She reported that the engine was losing power, running rough and knocking. I'm going to suggest to the shop when
they open Monday morning that they take it to the nearest Mazda dealership for a thorough engine diagnosis. The car
was in excellent condition with very low mileage, 36000, and the oil change shop has promised to make it right.

Does anyone out there have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks! Ed

7,325

as long as they pay for it then its not a huge deal