1997 Isuzu hombre outside mirror stud nut size?

Asked by May 17, 2017 at 06:46 PM

Outside mirrors have three studs to secure
mirror to door.  Bolt size, thread?

73,035

Take one out and go to the parts store to match it up.

Not practical, or there would not be a question. Thanks for the suggestion.

73,035

Sorry I couldn't help. I'm sure the dealer could tho.

Dealer is long out of business. No one selling replacement mirrors has the answer. Replacement mirrors come w/o nuts. I have two mirrors that came w/o nuts that I would like to mount, but lack old hardware to use with the new mirrors. I live on an island, I am trying to avoid a $50 round trip to the mainland to buy $1.80 worth of nuts (6). If I ask someone to stop at NAPA, I want to call ahead to verify that the nuts are available. Thanks.

73,035

How about buying new bolts and nuts? Would a bolt work? Just measure the diameter and length of the stud. There probably metric thread on the studs. Could even work with a guy on the phone to find what you need, he would just need a diameter of the stud.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found the answer! A 10mm socket removes the nut. Now I can go shopping. The bolt is a molded in stud. Just need a nut that fits a 10mm socket. Thanks for the suggestion.

73,035

Your welcome.