2001 kia sephia does a lot of puttering and barely moves, spark plugs are brand new alt and battery new fuel pump new, only 73k mileage

Asked by Oct 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

2001 kia sephia only 73k mileage 1.8l. fuel pump replaced, alt went out replaced it and
battery and battery terminals, had alt issues it was the belt, mobile mech replaced
power steering belt and alt belt, did a check and said plug #3was out, i car vibrated
alot. after he replaced the 4sparks engine light is now flashing and car barely moves an
misfires. he said i need a compression check. i know i need radiator fluid and oil
change but this is a violent reaction

When the CEL (Check Engine Light) is flashing indicates a more serious fault has been detected that a steady 'on' light. Did it at any time overheat badly? Go to Autozone or any large parts-house and ask them to do an OBD scan-- post haste.

When I wrote that post I was not considering how badly it's running.. maybe better not go anywhere and have the mobile mechanic do it, the OBD scan that is

darn i puttered away from an autozne. im very low on radiator fluid an oil change is due , prob started after the mobile mech put in the new spark plugs, then all heck broke loose. but its yet to overheat but im going to get radiator fluid immediately and some people are mentioning possible gasket. so thanks for your input very much ill keep ya updated cause im freaking out right now.