oil filter

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 09:42 PM

what is the best way to get to the oil filter on a 2002 jeep liberty limited?

This might help....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTVL_kid6M

crunchy-crunch it square with some channel locks...and remove~

Channel locks are good. Also can drive a screw driver' into the side of filter in a good spot and then u got a handle to turn with.

gets oil on your paws that way, tho~

you know my mechanics boxes has at least three oil filter tools, a yellow volvo socket, (think it's a 1-A, anyways) and these noose clampers that always slip....stupid damned turkey basters~ grab ahold with a genuine channel locks and squeeze...you can't mess with quality~

ten years later and MS takin' it's toll, has left me with all brand-new stuff, Uncle Sam makin' sure I don't eat alpo, and the wife makes sure I'll have nothing that will make me excited, bought me a newish 30K MINI for my birthday...nothing but to listen to the birds and find inspiration to make a few oil paintings~

grab hold with both hands and twist, chances are it is loose enough/rubber compliant enough will come off with hand force~

-easier than a pickle jar!