Power steering ...How to stiffen/increase road feel?

Asked by Oct 30, 2010 at 06:37 AM

I have just ( 2 days ago) bought a mostly  restored 1974 CJ6 and hope I am allowed into the hallowed ranks as it is just a stretched CJ5. The car has been fitted with a Ford V8 5.8 litre and a three speed Hurst auto box. My current isue is that the power steering ( was this an option or a modification?) is just too light with a very imprecise feel and I would wish to stfifen a little and also stop the car wandering on the road . This is my first jeep ( always wanted one ) but I have owned and restored an MGA ( still have ) and many other classics. Car shown on photo..

Decided not to continue on this site...no response, no help, no anything..a waste of space on my desktop....useless

1,305

http://www.jeepforum.com/ try there. there is a CJ section and everything. you will find many seasoned vets as well

Andrew..many thanks..I have an mga and got used to an active site and discussion.....will try