I would like to know if someone can tell me where I can find the body code, engine code, transmission code for my 1990 XJ-S Convertible. Thanks

Asked by Jan 12, 2013 at 06:58 AM

Look on the inside of the driver's door on the body where the door closes or on the end of the door ...that's where many cars have a sticker with all that information, coded, if it's not there Google your car and you will find it somewhere....on a owners forum, something like that will tell you

I found this if it helps..the builders plate is riveted to the inner fender near the cross brace mounting pad. This is for early cars only. Then a similar plate continued for UK/EURO. The VIN can also be found stamped into the fender cross brace mounting.

Thank you very much, I will look for the plate - I did once - could not find it but I could have been looking in the wrong area.

Good luck and if you can't find it, come on back we will figure it out

Hi David I went back over to the car and as you noted the door jam tag was there but according to another web sight there should be a builders plate located on the inner fender by a cross brace mounting pad - I checked every inch of both fenders and still could not find this plate. Am I not looking in the right places. Thanks for your help.