Jaguar with rotary engine

5

Asked by Dec 11, 2009 at 06:01 PM

I would like to know which of the rotary engines is the more reliable and easier to maintain to install in a 65 Jaguar? I don’t want a racing car, just to be different since I like the concept of the engine and the looks of my Jaguar…..

Thanks!

285

Why do you want a rotary engine in your car? If you dont want to go for power, its not a very practical engine to have. Drinks fuel and doesnt have much torque. Mazda solves that problem with turbos.

15

Depends on your budget, and what you want like electronic fuel injection or or carberated. Also Depending on the Jag your using you'll have to see how it will mount up, but more than likely you will have to make a custom set of brackets regardless which engine you use. Since you want reliablility I would stay away from a turbo powered engine and stick with a N/A powertrain. If you want a carburator then use a 12A powertrain from a S3 RX-7 ( 1984-!985) and if you want to go the fuel injection route use a 13b from an S5 car (1989-1991 model years). Hope this helps. Peter

35

a jaguar is a heavier car than an rx-7 by a lot so eother you get a 20b rotary or bet a 13b with a small turbo.. the 13bs dont make much power 142 horse.. so if you put a turbo on it they will take a lot lot lot of boost because rotarys are low compression