I have a 77 dodge power wagon with 400 bb it will crank and run untill it gets warm Then it won't crank till it cools off..

Asked by Nov 04, 2015 at 01:28 PM

Replaced egition Switch and modual and
reluctor

74,515

Are you saying the starter will only turn over the engine when it is cool? If so you might need a new starter.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Just put new sarter on also.

74,515

By any chance did you install headers on your truck? Headers can be really hard on starters because they give off so much heat. If you have headers use a header wrap near the starter to shield if from excess heat.

No I did not. I have replaced just about everything electrical on the truck and it will run fine till it gets hot then won't crank its like it has no power

74,515

Is your battery weak? Hot temperatures can cause a battery to lose power. Clean all the terminals and maybe the connections to the starter as well.