had no heat so they replaced my raidiator, two days later had no heat said it was an air pocket and topped it off. two days later the fluid was almost gone and there was a noise brought it back and now they are telling me my engine is shot and the radiator fluid is going into my oil i have a 2002 blaxer with 70,000 miles. feel like i am getting bad information

Asked by Jan 08, 2013 at 01:37 PM

You are. Getting bad information that is, They ripped you off with the new radiator, when the coolant gets in the crankcase it's usually a head gasket, less often a cracked head or block

thanks so much, i felt ripped off when he didn't realize this was happening the second time i brought it back. right after he put in the new radiator my oil light went up to 3/4 never did that before. so before trashing the truck i should get a second opinion?

That depends on what kind of shape the rest of the truck is in. If you really are getting coolant in motor, you are talking major work. Do you want to spend, say, $1500 or more or go ahead and buy a new or newer truck? But a second opinion is never bad

545

is there fluid under where you park? if not pull oil dipstick and if you see chocolate type color on dip stick you do have anti-freeze in your oil,have you ever overheated engine?temp gauge all the way up.with smoke coming from engine, this is a sign of cracked head or blown head gasket. good luck

aaacar: excellent post