Trouble shooting

Asked by Jul 16, 2016 at 09:56 PM

I have a 1993 gmc 1500 305v8  .been running
great then just dies ive checked out every thing I
know I have a msd on it it has power and I have a
acc super coil on it  does not have power  so I
have no fire  then I noticed that my throttle body is
not spraying gas  im puzzled both at the same
time does anyone know what it could be

90

So your fuel injectors are not pumping out fuel? because your throttle body controls air flow into the engine if your fuel injectors are bad they will read below 11 ohms

Ok I'm going to check that .But what about the fire no power to the coil so im getting no fire at the plug . Just wondering if my computer is gone cause both went out at the same time.

90

Not exactly sure about that sounds like maybe you had wires fry if they no longer have power but you would have smelled the wires burn if they did unless there may be a resistor or fuse that protects it from a power surge that may have burst but I don't have a clue.

Nothing wrong with wires I been all over this thing all fuses good. I don't know where the coil get gets it power from tracked the wires to the fire wall .but thanks for the info.

90

Ok sorry I can't help you with this problem but I'll do some reserch and if I find something that might be of help I'll make sure to come back and tell you