BMW 530 I 2003

Asked by Jul 16, 2016 at 08:28 AM

My car runs great short distance after
several miles or high speed it Boggs down
like it's getting no power push gas peddle  
rpm sometimes go up but car doesn't
wanna go anywhere took it to BMW they
said # coil replaced it car does same thing
car has 156000 miles I bought it 6 months
ago don't know anything about these cars
please help

Sounds like it is vapor locking check underneath vehicle to see if any part of the heat shield is missing. If shield is missing the heat from exhaust can get to gas line and cause vapor lock.

I will check that it's funny you say that I let my son drive my car the day before it started acting up and the black plastic cover underneath my car was completely shredded and gone like he had ran something over you may absolutely be correct I hope you are thank you for helping

OK so I took my car to the garage they said it is my catalytic converter bank 2 they said I can buy a treatment called caddy clean that I add to my gas to trying get by a little bit longer until I'm able to fix it I know I was told with the BMW you should never add any kind of a treatment to the gas Any opinions on what I should do