my 1986 vw cabriolet convertable-gas has no power and dont get the gas when i step on it

20

Asked by Apr 29, 2016 at 09:50 PM

my car don't seem to be getting enough gas when I step on it it is unresponsive idles rough. has to power to pull itself. my plugs are white so the fuel is to lean can someone help?

5,915

oooo...sadness, that is a Jetronic Fuel injection system~...seek help~!....no there are ways~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetronic I'm just saying that a compression check of that ole motor...might be a start... there is a thermo-time switch...check that to see if it works okay...we will leave it there~

20

ok where is the thermo-time switch?

5,915

on the water neck~

20

I was told it was the fuel injection power supply relay and the idle control unit. I am so confused :(

5,915

check the fuses~ replace the burnt relays or control unit's fuse~

20

that's what I am doing right now. but have to order them do u have a good site I can go to to get them online and cheap?

RockAuto.com has everything~

20

thank you very much for the help I will let everyone know if it works :)