2001 Eurovan Key Fob wont lock or unlock and car will not start

Asked by Apr 05, 2016 at 01:35 PM

Just bought my 2110 Eurovan. The key fob lights up red, when I press lock or unlock, but will not longer lock or unlock the vehicle.
When I put the key in the ignition, nothing happens. No electronics light up, the internal lights do not turn on, and the car will not start.
IS this a lock out mechanism related to the key?
Do I need to replace the car battery?
Any experienced suggestions are appreciated.

64,395

The key issue may just be it has lost the program code and will have to be reprogrammed after battery replacement,the cranking issue ,you may have to check your car battery to be good.

I went to replace the battery in the doc and it still doesn't work. Do you know if the key can be reprogrammed by the dealer? And does the car have to be with the key? It's not drivable. Ugh thank you for answering.