car is getting hot

Asked by Mar 04, 2016 at 12:57 PM

I just bought 2006 chevy impala when i bought it it
was fine brought it home it was parked went to
drive it noticed the whole floor boards were
soaked...found out bad heater core.i drove it after
getting a oil change and it started to over heat.could
this be the heater core or am i looking at other
issues?

71,405

Your low on coolant because it leaked out of the heater core. Do not be getting it hot, or you will have a lot more serious problems.

Thank u

So,if the heater core gets fixed tomarrow and i add coolent.will the car stop getting hot?

71,405

If nothing has ben damaged from it getting hot.

11,405

Yes, assuming this is the only issue, once the heater core is replaced and the system filled back up, the engine temp should be normal.

Thank you :)

I was hoping it was just the heater core.i think it should be good i pulled over right away after temperature was up and let it cool down.

71,405

Probably be ok then...

Be careful if it heats up again you could have a head gasket issue