Has anybody bought or had any experience with Verizon Hum?

Asked by Dec 16, 2015 at 05:03 PM

https://www.hum.com/   "Just plug this small device into your car’s OBD-II (On-board Diagnostic) port. It’s the port that mechanics use to diagnose your car, and it’s usually found below the dash to the left of the steering wheel. "
  What is this thing?

61,015

That looks like Verizon's answer to OnStar but with more features like engine diagnostics and maintenance reminders.

Best Answer

The more I read about it FoR it seems exactly that. But what do you bet it has GPS, so you can be tracked by somebody, I dunno, but I wouldn't have it in my car.

61,015

If I ever buy a GM car the first thing to go will be the OnStar.

61,015

And yes it does track your location. You can bet that data will be sold.

61,015

And your speed as well.

Oh,, how true.... when/where/time of day or night, how long in a place, speed going, and on and on

Yep I was just adding that, just thought of it as I hit post I already have a Big Brother. Don't need another, Thanks man, just looking for another opinion -point of view.

Yes it has turned off my car while driving, it is a huge issue. Do some reasearch, don't touch it